Forum

• By (Deleted User)

The reasoning for this post was that I was unaware a bridge could act as a hop. I was thinking the two bridges "associate" with themselves so I didn't think the middle bridge could talk to the two other bridges and be able to pass the link.

Keep in mind, my buildings are two miles apart. The middle structure is the tallest in the vicinity. I'd like to think that an omni on top of that can be adjusted enough to where only these two bridges on top of the other buildings could connect to it.....

Again, I don't know much about the RF side of these things, but if building 1 and 2 had powerful directional antennas, could I get away with a low power omni in the middle? Or would that still be strong enough for someone to "detect" driving down the street?
    I guess what I'm really asking is that if Point 1 was strong enough to reach point 2, does point 2 have to be just as strong to reach point 1? - Or is it that if one is strong enough to reach the other, the link can/will be established?

I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense, I'm just trying to understand some more of the basics.....

Page 1 of 1