• By (Deleted User)

WirelesswizardCWSP Escribi?3:

How to you manage DOS Attacks?

Is physical security the only answer or Aruba Detects DOS Attacks,

WLAN-JACK
    ESSID-JACK
    Hunter-Killer
    DOS -Disscociate etc.

Any WIDS/WIPS solution can only notify you and <maybe> temporarily mitigate attacks. The wireless link is much more vulnerable to attacks that wired links are. Any type of DOS attack can be devistating and difficult to defend against. Given its vulnerability, I shudder to to think of some of the life critical apps that some hospitals run on their wireless networks...

But I digress. On our academic network, we are monitoring for attacks, and will track down culprits as necessary. The same goes for rogues. We try to educate our users of the dangers and how to protect themselves. We also force our non-guest users to authenticate and encrypt the link, preferably with 802.1X/WPA/WPA2, or using a VPN. WPA helps mitigate some (not all, by a long shot) of the attacks.

Ben Miller Escribi?3:

By the way, Stan. You shouldn't call a fraternity a "frat". You don't call a country a...... :D

You haven't seen some of these houses -I'll call them what ever I like - maybe "Animal House"? I was in one the other day and these guys have better stocked bars in each of their rooms than I've seen in some drinking establishments...

Page 1 of 1