Forum

• By (Deleted User)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051209/tc_usatoday/aswifispreadsmorefreelocationspoppingup

What do you think? I think free WIFI is great, if someone is willing to give me access for free, I'd take it. Just have to make sure I am using a VPN or personal firewall when doing confidential things, like online banking.

But isn't this becoming an RF nightmare for the wireless administrator or analyst?

There are discussions in the forum concerning channelization of specifically using only 1, 6, 11, hidden SSIDs, Protection Mechanisms and how they occur and how they effect throughput, etc.

Does reading this hotspot article make it a bit harder on those enforcing the standards?

Perhaps license free wireless networks are becoming more difficult to manage (largely in Metropolitan areas), and this article prompts the Certified Wireless Network Professionals to understand that it is that?

Hence reason why we need the CWNA and CWAP knowledge/certification to help the end user freely use the HOTSPOT!

Is there a way around this rapidily growing craze (Free Wifi)? Perhaps 802.11a, 802.11n or even 802.16e (mobile WiMax) can free us from the so-called freedom of WIFI (at 2.4 Ghz)?

Page 1 of 1